Galaxy Zoo Talk

A disappearing thread

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Actually, I'm sure it will at the moment -- Edd and I tested this earlier.

(Of course, now it won't... sorry... but you still have the other thread for that too... I won't post there, in case you still want to test this.)

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to vrooje's comment.

Now you've given me something else to test! What if I delete the OP of a discussion that has more than one post in it? And where the second post is by some zooite other than the one who created the discussion in the first place?

About to find out!

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

OK, here's what happens/happened:

I created Slithy toves - another disappearing thread, at "June 3 2013 6:58 PM",here in Chat. Then deleted (Removed) the post.

The discussion is still there, for me anyway. But it has no content, other than the thread title. The higher level summary suggests that the "Last post" is indeed that thread. This is different from what happened to Edd's discussion/thread/post, with the possible exception that, as the creator, I may still be able to see the discussion.

Can anyone else? What happens when you click on the link in this post?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Weird. Now I can't Edit this last post! Maybe there's a time limit? Can't Edit within, say, 2 minutes?

Anyway, the Slithy toves discussion does not show up in the top level. Nor does it show up in my Profile,

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

In a minute I'm going to delete the OP of this thread discussion. Even though Search still cannot find it!

But first, a warped transcription of part of the content of the OP: A.k.b. a phantmo discuson. I'm gowing too deleet thiz, aftur makin' shore Surch kan faind it. To sea if it leeves a phantom in its plaice.

Posted