Galaxy Zoo Talk

Apologies

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

My apologies if I sometimes take up to much space on TALK and the several Discussion threads. I try to be as considerate of others as possible, and when am going to post more than a few comments I will always do that when no one else is on TALK, so I won't interfere with other volunteers and their questions and comments. If there is a problem please let me know.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

It more illustrates a problem with the current model of "Talk" and the "Recents" page. The model shouldn't discourage someone making a whole bunch of posts for fear of swamping the list of recent comments. We'll definitely take a look at streamlining that in next-gen Talk.

For now, please keep contributing as much as you can/like! 😃

Posted

Hi Darren, on Planet Hunters it was not that much of a problem, but with the Galaxy Zoo forum closed, I can imagine some people have to get used to the new situation. Now we have to post our comments and discussions on TALK.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Like I said, I'm going to make absolutely sure that the next generation of Talk runs much more smoothly and doesn't swamp the notifications page with posts from the same one person. (For instance, the thread that you posted all of those images in should/could appear as a single item in the "Recents", instead of as 20 items.)

We don't have that functionality yet, but I'd like to build it!

Posted

That would be a great improvement 😃

A discussion could say 7 new comments, instead of listing them all seperately.

P.S. See previous version of Planet Hunters.

Posted