Galaxy Zoo Talk

ASTRO-FEST 2017

• Blackprojects by Blackprojects

Well as this is fast approaching i thought i had better start this as no one else has

http://europeanastrofest.com/

Who is going to this any one?

it would seem i will not be able to listen to any of the talks as they are all sold out

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to Blackprojects's comment.

Hey BP,

Don't panic ! It is the 2016 sessions that are sold out ! 😄 Astrofest is always extremely late in announcing their programme ! And I'll probably be there !

Posted

Well i will go but may well not be inside the Talks as cant be arsed any more

Posted

• HAB3482 by HAB3482

Hi,

I am going to the conference on the Saturday this year (first time in many years!) still no schedule up on the Astrofest site, but some of the speakers and talks have been released.

Helen

Posted

• johnfairweather by johnfairweather

Looking at the Conference website yesterday, it would appear that all sessions are now sold out.

I will be going only on the Saturday, as I have another astronomy conference to attend on the Friday, but I will be staying in London overnight.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to johnfairweather's comment.

Not sure where you saw that all sessions are sold out, John. It is still perfectly possible to buy tickets for all four sessions ! 😄

Posted

On their website yesterday, though they could have changed it by today.

There are two speaker sessions left.

Posted

I will be going for a Nose around exhibition and then maybe down the Pub if any Zooites are coming this year?

Any ideas on who is coming this year?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I still haven't decided (for various reasons) ! Have fun, everyone who is going ! 😄

Posted

All the programme talks have now been decided.

I think Alice & Dawn (Twitter) are going.

Posted

I am going only for a nose

Posted

• johnfairweather by johnfairweather in response to Blackprojects's comment.

Which day?

Posted

yes Dawn is going i am going on Friday as have Museum stuff to do on Saturday as we are giving Concorde a C Check from the 18th on-wards.

Posted

Alice is also going, though not sure on which day and if I go, it will be on the Saturday.

Posted

Well it is fast approaching hands up who are going and who will be a NO SHOW!

Posted

• johnfairweather by johnfairweather in response to Blackprojects's comment.

Well I was going (only on the Saturday), but not now having torn a hip muscle, that was just recovering from a hip-related operation.

Posted

Apparently, Friday at Astrofest is being recorded, not sure if it is going out Live - https://twitter.com/Spaceboffins.

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator in response to johnfairweather's comment.

I hope everyone has an educational time at AstroFest. Sorry that I can't go, due to costs of hotels.

Posted

Alice me Dawn and john are going not like the old days Cappella05 is doing saturday

Posted

There has been a lot of Tweets from Alice/Dawn at Astrofest.

Posted

So i saw ElsB and that was that Alice was in the hall with her soar non existant voice

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

I can't imagine Alice unable to speak 😃

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

She was back to whispering on Saturday ! 😃

Posted