• stellar190 by stellar190

Hello!

Did you have to launch at midnight, I'm supposed to be in bed šŸ˜›

Posted

• Freethesouls by Freethesouls

Hi

Posted

• matthewmartinmurray by matthewmartinmurray

I seem to have lost my favorites from before the launch. I had some pretty cool ones saved. Can I get them back at all?

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to matthewmartinmurray's comment.

matthewmartinmurray
    I seem to have lost my favorites from before the launch. I had some pretty cool ones saved. Can I get them back at all?

Ahh, I understand your question now matthewmartinmurray. We had to wipe the database before launch as the final selection of objects we were launching the site with changed. Sorry if this is very bad news šŸ˜¦

Posted

• Auroness by Auroness

Love the new look. Ever so much faster. Glad to see a variety of images from Hubble and the SDSS. The variations keep me interested.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

I have no words....................yet!

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to Auroness's comment.

Auroness
    Love the new look. Ever so much faster. Glad to see a variety of images from Hubble and the SDSS. The variations keep me interested.

Glad you like it!

Posted

• klmasters by klmasters scientist, admin

Just wanted to chime in and say hello!

Posted

• klmasters by klmasters scientist, admin

Arfon - when you have time (understand you're busy) can I be tagged as part of the science team on here. Cheers. šŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• echo-lily-mai by echo-lily-mai

Hi everyone. Iā€™m very relieved to see a link back to our dear old forum as well as a link to the shiny new Talk site!!!! Love the SDSS ā¤ļø ā¤ļø ā¤ļø When I have time I will return, I miss the old faces. x

Oh great! Smilies work here.... It's the little things šŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• purps by purps

omg just found this site! hi guys. luvly night for star gazing.

Posted

• thewi2012 by thewi2012

lucky me i just found the site myself and it'll help pass a lot of dialysis time every week. Bless you Galaxyzoo

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Well I must say it is a lot faster.

Posted

• Kevin by Kevin scientist, admin in response to thewi2012's comment.

thewi2012
    lucky me i just found the site myself and it'll help pass a lot of dialysis time every week. Bless you Galaxyzoo

Hope you get well soon! šŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to echo-lily-mai's comment.

echo-lily-mai
    Hi everyone. Iā€™m very relieved to see a link back to our dear old forum as well as a link to the shiny new Talk site!!!! Love the SDSS ā¤ļø ā¤ļø ā¤ļø When I have time I will return, I miss the old faces. x

Hi Jo !
    Hey, where did you get those smilies ???

Posted

• zookeeper by zookeeper admin, scientist in response to ElisabethB's comment.

I think they just appear when you use text versions of them šŸ˜ƒ . Try rolling your mouse over them too...

ElisabethB

ElisabethB

Hi Jo !
    Hey, where did you get those smilies ???

Posted

• kitkat99645 by kitkat99645

I'm confused. Can you tell me why I don't get the same options for every picture? sometimes when I do have a clumpy object I don't get that option. Sometimes they are already picked like when I get an object from hubble, BTW, I can't even tell what these are so most of time it's a best guess. If I really can't see them they become an artifact. Please let me know so I can help you bettter. Thanks

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to kitkat99645's comment.

kitkat99645
    I'm confused. Can you tell me why I don't get the same options for every picture? sometimes when I do have a clumpy object I don't get that option. Sometimes they are already picked like when I get an object from hubble, BTW, I can't even tell what these are so most of time it's a best guess. If I really can't see them they become an artifact. Please let me know so I can help you bettter. Thanks

Hi kitkat99645
    There are slightly different sets of questions for the SDSS pictures and the HST pictures. The idea is that each set is better suited for the pics they are designed for. Hope this helps.
    Happy Hunting
    Els

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Hi Els,

Your post originally said "the SDSS pictures and the SDSS pictures", so I edited the second one to say HST. Hope that's all right...
    -Brooke

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to vrooje's comment.

vrooje
    Hi Els,
    Your post originally said "the SDSS pictures and the SDSS pictures", so I edited the second one to say HST. Hope that's all right...
    -Brooke

Oops ! Thanks ! šŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• tk987 by tk987

i love talking about stars!!!!

Posted