Galaxy Zoo Talk

Unable to classify

• dlpartner by dlpartner

I was able to classify when I first switched to Chrome, now after about 20 or so classifications nothing shows up, the entire center section of the screen is just the black background. All of the menu items are still on top. At first I was able to get it going again by leaving the classify section, like coming here to the discuss section, then hitting "return to classifying" Now I get nothing, tried logging out and logging back in. Nothing.

Posted

• Boomassiv by Boomassiv

Same here with IE. Started to cut out after 3 or so classifications last night for me and down all day today.

Posted

• KJDL80 by KJDL80

I haven't been able to classify for the past several days. After clicking on "classify", just a black background in center of screen, with menu items still visible. I'm using Chrome which has always worked fine before.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Sorry everyone for the late reply.

We know that IE and the Zooniverse are not the best of friends. So, switching to Firefox of Chrome should be an improvement.

For the people using Chrome : try clearing your cache and cookies and then try again. If this doesn't work, we'll send out a big alert ! ๐Ÿ˜„

in the mean time, thanks for all your efforts. Hope you'll stick around ! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• dlpartner by dlpartner

Not using IE. Using the latest Chrome and already did all those things and it still doesn't work. Tried a fresh install of firefox, still nothing.

Posted

• Padme-1 by Padme-1

I am having the same problem too. I have Chrome.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb translator

Hiya,

A quick note to say, we're seeing the same thing on Planet Four. It's not just isolated to Internet Explorer. The Zooniverse development is aware of the problem and working on fixing the issue and bringing the site back up for both Galaxy Zoo and Planet Four.

~Meg (Science team member of Planet Four and Planet Hunters)

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

To confirm what Meg wrote: I use Firefox and am unable to classify.

I have noticed that the GZ classify page has been unreliable for some days now; usually it was OK (if a bit slow), but sometimes it seems it froze completely.

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Hi all,

Is this still a problem? I will check with the developers but I believe the issue causing the problem has now been resolved. But if not, please let us know!

Thanks,

-Brooke

Posted

• dlpartner by dlpartner

Appears to be working again, thanks developers!

Posted

• tenmoku by tenmoku

At the end of one minute, I do not any more manage to answer the last question of the classification, the screen jams, nothing more works

Posted

Which browser are you using ? IE is not the best friend of the Zooniverse. Maybe you could try Chrome or Firefox ?

Posted

• Wisi_EU by Wisi_EU

I was just wondering about the benefits of following (loosely) these models, for classification http://bama.ua.edu/~rbuta/galmorph/galmorph.html
    or is it just no suited to GalaxyZoo ?
    hope this helps

Posted

• tenmoku by tenmoku

I use Safari or Firefox, but it don't work with both ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

Try clearing the cache and cookies.

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian

I use IE 11 and it works!

Posted

• tenmoku by tenmoku

I clear the cookies the cache, but no more results. It becomes boring to reload all the time the page of classification every two minutes. Thanks to try to help me Elisabeth B

Posted

Do you have the same problem in other zooniverse projects ?

Posted

• crashflow by crashflow

Using Firefox, still a problem. (2 minutes ago)
    I classify on average 3-4 and then I get stuck again. Reloading the page helps but it seems my classifications don't get recorded as I tend to get already classified pictures.

Posted

• tenmoku by tenmoku

Now , I have a other problem, It seems that every time I reload the page I have always the same picture to classify

Posted