Galaxy Zoo Talk

Suggestions?--Can't move screen to take survey / and other survey issues.

• mrjackoboy by mrjackoboy

I have had a pop up twice now asking if I want to complete a survey. I have clicked yes twice, but no survey appears.

I love surveys almost as much as this project ๐Ÿ˜ƒ so am quite disappointed I am not getting to complete it

Posted

• dlpartner by dlpartner

Same thing happening to me. Are you using Chrome? I might go back over to Firefox and classify to see if the next survey that pops up will come up there. One thing I haven't examined yet is whether or not it's caused by the Chrome Ad Blocker Plus add-on. Maybe since the survey is a pop-up the blocker prevents it from launching.

Posted

• bnybny by bnybny

I'd like to take the survey that keeps popping up, but the screen freezes and I can't move it to see the questions. Any suggestions? Thanks!--bnybny

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I have never had a pop-up to take a survey... Do you know the URL address of the page that this occurs on?

Posted

• Geek2 by Geek2

It keeps showing on mine as well, I keep clicking (both from pc and ipad) and nothing ever shows up... Capella, it shows on the normal classifying page, you'll be half way through classifying a galaxy and it just pops up! Next time it happens I'll try and do a print screen!

Posted

• canfieldfive by canfieldfive

@Geek2 I noticed the same thing- if it happens to me again I'll get a shot too (I'm on a PC). I'd love to find out what the quizzes are. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Weird - I have never had it.

What OS and browser are you using? And if you can get a screenshot that would be really helpful!

Posted

• majortim by majortim

FF-user here, turned both pop-up-blocker and AdBlock off, but couldn't open the survey. Perhaps it's a js-thing.

Posted

Moving this to Help - > Bugs

The issue has been raised by other users - but we need to know your OS / browser configuration to pinpoint the issue.

Posted

• Geek2 by Geek2

I use mainly my ipad iOS 6 (I think!)

Posted

• Geek2 by Geek2

Now I have a print screen and I can't post it here! ๐Ÿ˜’

Posted

• klmasters by klmasters scientist, admin

I have an little image button above my edit box. If you upload the screen shot somewhere on the web (e.g. one of the photo sharing websites) you should be able to post it using that.

The surveys appear only for a small number of randomly selected users, although if you have selected you want to participate you will in some cases be tagged to get a series of surveys after set numbers of classifications. They are either surveys to try to understand the educational benefits of Galaxy Zoo (ie. do volunteers learn about science/galaxies by participating), or in some cases to understand the motivations of why people spend time classifying. We can also use some of the answers to help us improve the experience for volunteers in future versions of Galaxy Zoo (e.g. we might include a higher fraction of pretty galaxy images, if we discover that that will help).

Posted

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I thought I'd post my OS info - I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit) and using the newest version of Mozilla Firefox. I do have NoScript and AdBlock but they're turned off for this page.

Posted

• aussiegoodstuff by aussiegoodstuff

I have taken this opportunity to as about a problem I am having regarding surveys. I have been classifying for some months now - and completed many thousands. I regularly get asked if I wish to take part in a survey - I always tick yes - but nothing ever happens. Not sure what the problem is, but I would love to take part in surveys.

Posted

• rachaelballard96 by rachaelballard96

Just wanted to add that the same thing has happened to me a couple times. Must be a glitch?

Posted

FYI - So we can keep all the survey bug reports in one place, I have just merged several duplicate threads into this one.

Posted

Okay, here's a screenshot of what I see when the box pops up- I click "Yes!" and the box disappears, leaving me at the classification page I was on (and leaving me feeling a bit deflated too. lol).

enter image description here

Is everybody else pretty much seeing the same thing?

Posted

• Lynzw by Lynzw

yup having the same problem as canfieldfive

Posted

• Hugh_Thompson by Hugh_Thompson

I keep getting asked to answer questions for a survey but when I agree nothing happens???

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Hugh Thompson and welcome to the Zoo,

The surveys were retired a long time ago. It is weird that you still get that message. just ignore it.

Happy hunting ! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

Sometimes I get them too, Hugh and ElisabethB.

Posted

Merging this thread with the existing survey discussion.

Posted

• Hugh_Thompson by Hugh_Thompson

Thanks Elizabeth, must be some sort of cosmic echo : )

Posted

• Geek2 by Geek2

I got the survey pop-up just now!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to Geek2's comment.

Just ignore it. The quizzes got retired a long time ago. it is a known bug.

Posted