Galaxy Zoo Talk

greensabre

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Some recent post have been tagged greensabre I am assuming someone wants to make a collection. I would like to look at this collection Or do you call them tagged items? Well it does not work. It is not there. What key did I hit wrong this time.The artifact tag works ok. Not the greensabre one. Oh and did that make any sense? LIZ

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

It's me. They're part of my mini-project, "Green sabres" - how easy is it to identify green satellite trails, from PhotoObj parameter values?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to elizabeth's comment.

Hey Liz,

• Go to search on the topnav bar
    • Enter 'Greensabre' in the text field on the left hand side.
    • Select 'objects' - hit 'Search' - I get 5 returns.

Having said that - continue to tag satellite trails as #satellite - we have too many conflicting hashtags as it is ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to JeanTate's comment.

Instead of # marking them make your own collection? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to Capella05's comment.

:} Thanks for your responds Trying to use this talk and was just wondering. I agree to many # marks at times. LIZ

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to elizabeth's comment.

That too. With so much of Talk's functionality not working properly however ...

Also, the hashtag satellite is far from distinctive (for example, many images with satellite galaxies have this). Also^2, at this stage I'm researching only green ones, not red or blue ones ...

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld in response to JeanTate's comment.

Are you looking at hit and miss trail masks?

I wonder why we see a lot of satellite trails unmasked, mainly in green, compared to very few meteors which are less rectangular and more difficult to mask.

I think that the actual trails get so many photometric SDSS Ids that sql queries suggested by @klmasters are unexploitable ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted