Galaxy Zoo Talk

Old GZ Forum: Attachments can't be downloaded!

• zutopian by zutopian

I noticed, that downloading attachments, which were attached in posts of the old GZ forum, no longer works!
    e.g. Attachments in the posts on following page: http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=6732.9900
    Could the technical team of GZ/ Zooniverse please fix this problem soon!
    BTW, there had been the same problem two years ago! See reply by Arfon in below topic!
    http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=271210.msg634874#msg634874

PS: The attachments aren't displayed without Login!

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to zutopian's comment.

Hi Zutopian,

I would suggest posting this on the Zooniverse Talk board - the chances are you will get a quicker response there.

Link here to the troubleshooting board.

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to Capella05's comment.

Thanks for your reply! I haven't done any post in the new Zooniverse forum so far and I have (currently) no intention to start using that forum.
    So I hope, that anyone from the GZ team will reply here!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to zutopian's comment.

I am sorry but does this surprise you? The the powers that be took something that kind of worked and replaced with something that does not work at all. So far as I can see they have succeeded in the quest of keeping citizens scientist out of there hair. What do you think

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to elizabeth's comment.

Well, I hope, that it is possible to fix the attachment problem in the archieved GZ forum! I think, that though a website is archieved, it should be still possible to download the attachments!
    As far as I know, it isn't possible to attach something to a post in GZ Talk! I don't know, if they have the intention to realize this in the next version of Talk!
    I appreciate, that the "Zooniverse Talk forum" is finally available, though I doubt, that I am going to do any posts there! Well, I am no longer a dedicated volunteer after the closure of the GZ forum.
    I learnt, that the MoonZoo forum was recently archieved, because the project was retired! BTW, I hadn't done any posts in that forum! The Moon Zoo project has no Talk website, as far as I know! The GZ project is the only "old" project, whose forum was replaced by Talk, as far as I now!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to zutopian's comment.

Yes I can see your concern. I believe the galaxy zoo forum archieve and all the info should be made available to all. IMHO but i am not now or will ever be one the powers.

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to elizabeth's comment.

Yes I can see your concern. I believe the galaxy zoo forum archieve and all the info should be made available to all.(...)

Only those persons, who are registered as GZ forum users were able to see/download the attachments. The guests were never able to see/download the attachments. A registered user must first login to be able to see the attachments! Currently, I can see the attachments, but the content of the attachments isn't displayed! When clicking on an attachment, there appears an error message!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to zutopian's comment.

Another thing : Almost all the resources are going into the new Panoptes environment + dealing with issues in the current, live, projects. Any work on old and archived projects is very (very, very, very low) on the list of priorities.

Just don't hold your breath ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

@zutopian and @elizabeth,

I will once again suggest you take up the issue on Zooniverse Talk and tag @DZM in on the conversation.

We are going to be concentrating on producing science on this site and leave the technical issues and gripes up to the Zooniverse ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks for your help in the past, but I (and I doubt the other moderators) can provide the answers you are looking for - I think you will get a quicker response time if you cut out the middle man ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to zutopian's comment.

I noticed, that downloading attachments, which were attached in posts of the old GZ forum, no longer works!
    e.g. Attachments in the posts on following page: http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=6732.9900

Are you specifically interested in "upload0614.txt" and "newoverlaps0614format.txt" in NGC3314's two posts? If so, I think the quickest way to get them is to contact him, either by a PM in this version of Talk (not the GZ forum's, nor the new ZTalk), or by email (his email addy is very easy to find, e.g. he's the lead author of at least one GZ publication).

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to ElisabethB's comment.

A question if I may is there a link to the old forum anywhere on the zooniverse? It seems the link I have been using for years does not work anymore ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Galaxy Zoo old Forum link, I use http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to Budgieye's comment.

Yeah ๐Ÿ˜ฆ that's the one I was using not working for me. Thanks

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Try this one - it is working for me: Galaxy Zoo Forum

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes that worked. Thank you very much. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted