Galaxy Zoo Talk

Re-classify my newbie errors?

• thargos by thargos

Hi,

Is there a way to re-classify some pictures where I made obvious mistakes when I started GZ?
    For instance I have classified numerous green bright dots as elliptical galaxies ๐Ÿ˜ฆ
    Can I retag them? I will go through them all to do things correctly. I am quite sad having mistag so many of them. There are lots of artefacts which I shouldn't have tagged as soft circular galaxies.

Thanks for your feedback.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi thargos and welcome to the Zoo,

Sorry, you cannot re-do your classifications. But don't worry, lots (and I mean LOTS) of people will classify this same image, so any mistake will get ironed out !

Just have fun !

Happy hunting ! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• thargos by thargos

Ok thanks!

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to thargos's comment.

Hi @thargos,

There is no way to reclassify images, but as far as I am aware the initial 'x' amount of classifications that you did are weighted in some way, to take into account your inexperience ๐Ÿ˜ƒ So, don't worry about it - it will not have an impact on the overall project.

As for hash tagging, it is really just used on Talk for us to create collections. On occasion it is helpful for the Scientists, but it's overall purpose is a bit unclear.

Hope this helps!

~ Capella05

Posted

• thargos by thargos

Thanks for the explanations! It does help!

Posted

• thargos by thargos

And thank you @Capella05 and @ElisabethB for your patience with the newbies. It's really doing good to the community and may not be easy all the time.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

We enjoy doing it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thank you for your help classifying ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Melmike by Melmike

Can I also add a big thank you for answering my NEWBIE questions. I am NOT an astrophysicist, I am in fact a middle school teacher, but I am loving classifying the galaxies and being amazed by the various images I see.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

So glad you are enjoying Galaxy Zoo !

Just keep the questions coming ! ๐Ÿ˜„

Happy hunting! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• KWillett by KWillett scientist, admin, translator

Same from the science team - we're delighted that people enjoy doing the project, and we're excited to use the data to do interesting science!

Posted

• jbrookfield by jbrookfield

Not sure if my classifications are correct. Left 3 questions on recent disscussion board. Jenny Brookfield

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hi Jenny ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have answered you on the recents discussion board - your classifications look fine for me! Thanks for your help and hope to see you around ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

~ Capella05

Posted