Galaxy Zoo Talk

New participant, classified counts under profile are zero?

• Abaedan by Abaedan

Hello all, first let me say that it's a really awesome thing to be here. I have had a lifelong interest in astronomy but only able to enjoy it on a purely amateur basis, so being able to contribute here to real science is a joy. I am having a great time scratching my head over many of the image classifications, loving the sense of discovery and thrill of seeing new objects, and learning quite a lot as I go. So thank you for this great opportunity.

That being said, I am curious that after having classified quite a large number of images (it's quite addicting!) both via the website and the app, I show "0" beside all of the classification counts under my profile. I was certainly logged in to both the app and the site for these. I have marked many as favourites and those are certainly recognized in my account. Any input would be welcome. Thanks!

Posted

• klmasters by klmasters scientist, admin

Hi @Abaedan - welcome to Galaxy Zoo, and thanks for the feedback. I'll check with the developers about zero classification counts. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Do you mean the user count on your profile from zooniverse.org or galaxyzoo.org? There might be a delay between classifications and updates to those pages. I'm checking. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

So the galaxyzoo.org profile counts should update right away. There might be a delay for that to go over to your zooniverse.org profile because Galaxy Zoo is still running on the older Zooniverse backend.

Posted

• Abaedan by Abaedan

Hi @klmasters, thank you for your reply! It's actually the opposite - I checked zooniverse.org, and this showed (when I checked) 497 classifications completed; galaxyzoo.org shows zero beside each image type in my profile (Hubble/SDSS/UKIDSS/DECaLS/Illustris).

Posted

OK I'll check again.

Posted

• Drakan by Drakan

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Thanks.

Posted

Yeah I do too. Have raised it with the ops team again and they do find a fault.

Galaxy Zoo will be moved to the new backend ("Project Builder") at some point, so I'm not sure how much developer time we'll be able to get to fix that if it's broken.

At leas the Zooniverse profile counts are accurate, and don't worry - we are saving and using your classifications. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

A ticket has been raised to get this fixed. Basically the DECaLS count was only counting the images in the first release from DECaLS, while most of what's live right now was in the second release. Thanks for pointing it out. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Could you try again now. The developers fixed this quickly, and I see my counts increased under DECaLS images.

Posted