Galaxy Zoo Talk

No Login on android app possible

• herbert00 by herbert00

Hi, I can't login on the android app "galaxy zoo". Username and password are correct. It always sais: "An unknown error occured when validating your username and password. Please try again in 1-2 minutes."
    But it doesn't work since weeks. Anybody has an idea?

best regards
    Herbert

Posted

• tekrytor by tekrytor

Same for me...

Posted

• tekrytor by tekrytor

Also, the website is POORLY optimized for Android devices. What a shame.

Posted

• tekrytor by tekrytor

Also, cannot confirm or change password on the web interface. Dead end.

Posted

• HelPer2 by HelPer2

Is anyone working on the android app? I've tried it myself a few times and can't log in or download galaxies, so I delete it and try again a few days later. I get that infuriating "try again in one or two minutes" message.

Posted

• drexoll by drexoll

Same problem for me.
    I am able to login to website though

Posted

• ruminatus by ruminatus

I'm having the same problem. Seems no one is responding.

I can log in on the website too.

Posted

• Jayk88 by Jayk88

This really needs to get addressed...I used to love being able to do a lil science instead of playing a dumb game when I had a few minutes to wait!

Posted

• alan1001 by alan1001

I can't get the Apple app to work anymore either - I don't think the new galaxy zoo is compatible with the app. Could be the same for the android one?

Posted

• jeremiahblatz by jeremiahblatz

Just downloaded the app yesterday. I'm getting the "try again" message as well. Also, I can't download galaxy images.

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the new website is designed so that you can use it in a mobile browser and so don't need a standalone app. Does that work?

Posted

• OMalignity by OMalignity

I am having the same problem. The appeal of the app, if I understand correctly without being able to use it yet, is that one can load up some galaxies to classify offline. Great pastime for the subway, when I cannot use a mobile browser. What's up Zooniverse?

Posted

• dosey by dosey

HELP PLEASE! I don't know about android but I can't get any further than logged in - although the other menus work okay - the classify does not!

Posted

• Iztok67 by Iztok67

Will you update android app?
    It dosent work for a long time now.

Posted

• thewalkindude by thewalkindude

So is this going to be fixed? I installed the app on my android phone to have something interesting to do that is NOT on the internet. If it is no longer supported I'm gonna uninstall it...& forget about wasting battery power by going online, not gonna bother w/ the website.

Posted

• Skaharaar by Skaharaar

Hey Galaxy zoo guys, likewise still cant log in on the android app, been reported on the forum as well but I cant see any response from your technical team at all, like a lot of the other posters using the website through a mobile app isn't an option for me, please fix the app so we can continue to contribute to this great project!

Posted

• raulc_060190 by raulc_060190

I can't log in either. I was extremely excited when I noticed the app was available for the Kindle Fire. Please fix this!

Posted

• EleanorD by EleanorD

The app has never worked for me, either; login isn't possible. The website works OK on Android, but of course that doesn't have the facility to download and work offline, which would be nice to have.

Posted