Galaxy Zoo Talk

Collections

• Chinabob by Chinabob

How do I find my collections?

Posted

• jules by jules

If you hover your mouse over Account (top right) and click on Profile you'll find them there.

Posted

• Mjtbarrett by Mjtbarrett

You can also find them by clicking wherever you see your username highlighted in blue. Try it here ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Tony_Wei by Tony_Wei

How to add pictures to my collections?๐Ÿ˜›

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I found this in the tutorial (under Home)
    Collect this.

All of the Zooniverse projects have to option of adding an interesting object to a 'favourites' list. Talk extends upon this by allowing users to create collections of objects.

To do this, you should start by opting to 'discuss' the object that you'd like to collect. You may do this from your 'favourites' list, straight after you've completed a classification or by selecting an object from the Talk homepage.

Once you have found the object you'd like to collect, simply click on 'collect this' under the image of the object. You will then be given the option of starting a new collection or adding the object to an existing collection. To view the collection's you've created you should visit your profile.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

How can you organize a large Collection (one of your own)?

For example, can you write extensive notes on what the Collection is, how it was collected, and so on? And edit/add to those notes later? How about changing the default sort order (which I think is simply by GZ Talk ID)?

One convenient method that occurred to me: make up a consistent set of keys (word/number strings, say <~20 characters) and add them, as appropriate, to the Comment page of each object in the Collection you want to analyze (sometimes you may have to start a Comment; not all objects have Comment threads), as hashtags. This would certainly be convenient, because you'd be leveraging the power of Talk hashtags! But would doing so extensively bring down the wrath of the mods? Would it greatly upset the Science Team?

Posted