Galaxy Zoo Talk

"Your Removal from the GALAXYZOO list?"

• Jaymo1978 by Jaymo1978

I received an email today from GALAXYZOO-request@JISCMAIL.AC.UK saying that my account had been unsubscribed because of "repeated delivery error reports from your system." However, the email then goes on to say:

"- The first error was reported on 2013-04-11.

• Since then, a total of 1 delivery errors have been received.

• The last reported error was: 5.2.0 552 5.2.0 NSd61l00u1BKrJk0XSd6Ln Your message could not be delivered due to too many invalid recipients, to learn more visit:"

So, yesterday was the first error ever reported, and they unsubscribed me after only 1 delivery error. I have been getting emails repeatedly from other places with no delivery errors, and I've even sent myself multiple "test" emails from other accounts (yahoo, work email, etc.) which go through with no problems. One other bit of info, the "GalaxyZoo Home" link directs to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=GALAXYZOO which appears to be the correct link for the GZ subscription server, but I'm not certain.

This seems like it must be a glitch on GalaxyZoo's side, even though it is written to sound very alarming, saying "this message is not specific to GalaxyZoo," and "Please do not ignore this message," telling me I need to get with my ISP and figure out the problem. But there doesn't appear to be one.... Could someone look into this? I don't see a support email address anywhere, so I'm hoping posting here is okay.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Jaymo1978,
    That is indeed a weird one, I'll alert the tech team.
    But since you can still post here, I assume your account has not been unsubscribed ?
    Hope it gets resolved soon.
    Els

Posted

• Jaymo1978 by Jaymo1978

Thanks much for your help! It appears that my account is still active, on both Galaxy Zoo and the Galaxy Zoo forums, so it looks like the message was just talking about my newsletter subscription. Very odd!

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Hi Jaymo1978

I'm not sure what caused this. Seems like there's been a small issue with our email server but you don't need to worry about it. If you need to manage your subscriptions then please head over to the subscription management page.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• Jaymo1978 by Jaymo1978

Thank you! Heading there now to make sure I'm still on the list. 😃

Posted