Galaxy Zoo Talk

Curious what everyone sees here

• NotThatGuy by NotThatGuy

This looks like it may be a loose (possibly barred) spiral, but it's too faint to say for sure. Then there's that arc/ring shape to the upper left of center. Is that just an artifact of some sort?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Disturbed, barred spiral for me. The arc is probably an artifact.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to NotThatGuy's comment.

Is that just an artifact of some sort?

Without access to the SDSS Explore image, it's not certain (we can only guess what the scale is), but it's likely well below the resolution limit, so it's unlikely to be real.

But yes, #loose #spiral, possibly #barred

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Agreed with ElisabethB and JeanTate.

PS: Examine/SkyServer/Explore/NED/etc. links are back!

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to vrooje's comment.

Examine/SkyServer/Explore/NED/etc. links are back!

Not uniformly, it seems. I found "RA: 31.9078943613298, DEC: 1.92381149386874
    View in Galaxy Zoo examine" below the image (for object/subject1
    AGZ0004n7r), but there is no such text (and link!) for this galaxy.

Also, it seems that you don't have to create a link for GZ4 ObjIds, the Updated Talk does that for you automatically. And the unintended parsing of links with #2 in them hasn't been fixed yet.

1 Calling these 'subjects' rather than 'objects' is going to take quite some getting used to!

2 Yay! Code works!! 😄

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Well, those links certainly did not work! And my post looks quite different, after I pressed Submit, than in Preview (the URLs displayed very differently).

Test; do ObjIds automatically generate links?

AGZ0004n7r

Looks OK in Preview; and when I Submit ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Nope, that didn't work. So is the cyan text, in Preview, of an ObjId a link (in Preview), even though it's not when actually posted?

Testing: AGZ0004n7r

Yes! It is! But of course I can't show you, you'll have to do this with a post of your own ...

Time to write a post, in the Interface bugs thread? Which I can't create a link to, in this post, of course; however I can copy its URL:
    http://talk.galaxyzoo.org/#/boards/BGZ0000003/discussions/DGZ10019s8

Which isn't that much help, because it takes you to the first page (of, as of now, 11 pages), and you can't create a link to a specific page (or post) in a thread. Odd, you used to be able to do that, before the Upgrade1 ... another bug?

1 Well, you could, but it was pretty clumsy ...

Posted