• PDXDave by PDXDave

I'm thinking overlapping.... two ovals and one edge-viewed

Golf ball on a tee? FORE!!!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

possible #merger #overlap #GPair

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

I remember this galaxy well because it's so distinctive and in an area of the sky I study. Either it or another object right near it has an AGN in it, but I don't remember the details.

You know you're an extragalactic astronomer when you recognize and feel a fondness for random galaxies billions of light years away.

Posted

• echo-lily-mai by echo-lily-mai

This is very weird because I have just logged in, this comment was at the top of the timeline so I clicked on it. I instantly recognise these galaxies as I have already asked a question about it. Why when I click on this (object ID) does my question NOT appear? I have just been all through my posts to find it and try clicking on that (object ID) to see if this thread appears, it does not! I would have never had any feed back on my post if I had not accidentally clicked on this to read what you are discussing here. Please tech team this really NEEDS to be addressed!!!! Find my comment here http://talk.galaxyzoo.org/objects/AGZ00013uv #bug

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

I don't think it's a bug in the Talk software -- AGZ00013uv and AGZ00013vp are different objects, one for each side of this pair.

It's a good #suggestion for a new #feature, though -- it would be useful to link objects like this together in Talk. There is a mention feature already, so maybe that's enough?

Posted

• echo-lily-mai by echo-lily-mai

Yep uv and vp are different. Apologies! and the vp links up with your test comment. Is there a way when dealing with mergers or clusters near misses etc. that we can cross ref Hubble images? I guess with SDSS we could include the object ID, but then that doesn't help if people do not include that into their post... Hmmm, not an easy one.

Posted