Galaxy Zoo Talk

Truly beautiful blue galaxy

• Apc by Apc

Why are there so many blue stars?

Posted

• tomangseesing by tomangseesing

there are probably so many blue stars because it is either a young galaxy creating new stars, or its because of tidal interaction. i think the latter, as the disk looks slightly warped, a bit like Messier 66.

Posted

• Apc by Apc

Thanks Tom, very interesting 

Posted

• Terrance_L._Johnson by Terrance_L._Johnson

Spiral arms just packed with stars!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

The blue blobs are not individual stars but star forming regions in this gorgeous spiral galaxy. At these distances we cannot see individual stars.

Posted

• Terrance_L._Johnson by Terrance_L._Johnson in response to ElisabethB's comment.

ElisabethB
    The blue blobs are not individual stars but star forming regions in this gorgeous spiral galaxy. At these distances we cannot see individual stars.

Always interested in your knowledgeable input, ElizabethB, though you're splitting hairs a bit. If the areas are star forming, then the arms are packed with stars.

Posted

Okay, you win ! 😃
    I just meant to emphasize that these are not individual stars but star nurseries containing lots and lots of stars ! Sorry if I came on a bit too strong ! 😉

Posted

• Terrance_L._Johnson by Terrance_L._Johnson in response to ElisabethB's comment.

ElisabethB
    Okay, you win ! 😃
    I just meant to emphasize that these are not individual stars but star nurseries containing lots and lots of stars ! Sorry if I came on a bit too strong ! 😉

Nay! I'm always learning from you! Just giving you the business.

Posted

LOL and thank you ! (or maybe the other way around ! )

Posted

• trevor_allen_faller by trevor_allen_faller

NGC 3652

Posted