Galaxy Zoo Talk

Anyone please help?

• Mjtbarrett by Mjtbarrett

Dramatic merger? Over-contact binary in foreground? AGN with gas clouds? Loose spiral? With rings? Odd shaped nebula?
    Please help a struggling newbie to get a grip of what he's looking at 😃 thanks.

Posted

@zutopian thanks for the response. Almost as heroic as ElisabethB's.
    Almost... 😃
    This looks huge! There's another cigar shaped galaxy in the same frame that, although very clear, looks tiny. I'm having real difficulty with depth perception, spatial relationships and relative size on an intergalactic scale. This is fascinating stuff.
    Thanks for the help.

Posted

Trevor Allen etc just posted a rotated wider version that looks like an owl chasing a mouse or a steampunk seagull....
    That's the level I'm currently at @zuropia 😃 your comment really does make sense however, and I'm grateful to you for taking the time to help out.
    Resurrecting the jewelled ring as a badge was genius! I hope she liked it 😃 lol

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

:-DD
    Honestly, zutopian you made me lol. And both of you, tx ! x

Posted

A little bed time reading then my heroes 😃
    http://talk.planethunters.org/discussions/DPH101e5tv?object_id=APH52149583&page=1&per_page=10
    Sadly this doesn't show me in a good light but there may be some useful references...? Enjoy:-)

Posted

Crikey @zutopian! Thank you very much for taking the time to do this!
    I looked at the extra large version... It looks FANTASTIC! You can zoom right in on every detail. Awe inspiring stuff. "The two bright spots are 10,000 light years apart" Wow. 8-0
    The distances, the magnitude and the sheer beauty of such massive expenditure of energy is just mind boggling stuff. Brilliant. Literally and amazingly brilliant.
    So I'm quite pleased then...

Posted

• turelli by turelli

very nice!

Posted