Galaxy Zoo Talk

Voorwerpje?

• Mjtbarrett by Mjtbarrett

Purple coloured nebulous object at 7 o'clock? It looks different to everything else in inverted colours...

Posted

Posted

• williamaskew by williamaskew

nice catch

Posted

😃 Knowing my luck it'll turn out to be an artifact or the sludge from the septic tank of an alien spacecraft or something! lol.

Posted

• delete_adc0630b by delete_adc0630b

Well, whatever it is it certainly is interesting!

Posted

😃 I wonder if it could be a methane gas cloud?

Posted

• delete_adc0630b by delete_adc0630b

I hope it is not an effect caused by these guys:

Posted

Well spotted Abe! That bad boy to the southeast (convention) looks awfully suspicious. If this were Planethunters I'd be wondering about charge bleed contamination. Tricky here because the diffraction spikes are in different alignments... The inner spike is aimed more towards the suspect target, but I think that it is unlikely to affect it. I don't know what kind of image processing would affect such a discreet target at that kind of distance, but I still think (after zooming all the way in) that the purple suspect is a physical phenomenon.
    It'd be nice if someone more knowledgeable would take a look.
    That's a big old star though...
    Btw I still can't help wondering if the tri-colour image (that looks a bit like a big asteroid) could be caused by a rotational variable or something, but don't seem to have found anyone who agrees yet! Thanks for checking it out further. Much appreciated 😃

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

#voorwerpje, or a suspiciously close (on the sky) #irregular; not an artifact (IMHO)

Posted

Hello JeanTate, thanks very much for taking the time to look at this one 😃

Posted