Galaxy Zoo Talk

Help for new user

• Caliz by Caliz

Hello,
    I am new to the topic and I have no idea where to place this picture. It does not look like a galaxy at all more like the faceted eyes of a fly. I guess it has to do with the resolution.

I do not want just to "dispose" of it as an artefact but would like to learn what I am seeing here.
    Thank you.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi caliz and welcome to the Zoo

The green shapes are indeed an artifact, but under the bottom lobe hides a faint and fuzzy galaxy (the blue fuzz). As for classification : Star/artifact will do, because lots of people will not see the galaxy.

happy hunting ! 😄

Posted

• Caliz by Caliz

Hi Elisabeth
    thank you very much for your explanation.
    Amazing, you saw the blue thing below!
    Is there collection of professionally classified fuzzy blobs so I can get a feeling for the pictures?
    😃

Posted

Sorry, no collection of classified blobs ! 😄 But just answer the questions for the classifications as well as you can and ask questions in here ! You'll get a feel for it ! 😄

Posted

• Caliz by Caliz

I am positive I will
    one day

• before that try I to not mess up the satistics too much.

Posted

Don't worry, just enjoy yourself. Remember, lots of people will see this same image, so any 'mistakes' will disappear ! And sometimes there is no right or wrong answer anyway !

Posted

• Caliz by Caliz

here it is, the only reason to live on an over populated planet 😃
    Good night from Germany

Posted

Gute Nacht ! 😄

Posted

• klmasters by klmasters scientist, admin

That's a seriously strange artefact from the new set of images we have in Galaxy Zoo! I actually have no idea what's going on, but it's clear it's an image artefact that's for sure!

Posted