Galaxy Zoo Talk

green line

• Moira_Baird_ by Moira_Baird_

The line is less defined than others I've seen. Is it a satellite trail?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Yes, it is - the resolution in this image is not as good as some of the others.

Happy Hunting!

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Ooh, that's a good one to use as a test on the satellite trail finder program we've been working on (so that we can try to mark these in Talk and elsewhere). It's nice and faint so it will be a challenge for the algorithm. Thank you!

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld in response to vrooje's comment.

AGZ0002fkv : What is the challenge if you take the r-band frame fits file http://dr10.sdss3.org/sas/dr10/boss/photoObj/frames/301/4134/5/frame-r-004134-5-0044.fits.bz2

AGZ0002fkv

from which I obtain this image after some stretching and scaling without writing any program code.

trail

I think a line finder basic program could easily mark the trail 😃

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to vrooje's comment.

"Green sabres" - how easy is it to identify green satellite trails, from PhotoObj parameter values?
    Started July 27 2014 4:39 AM by JeanTate
    http://talk.galaxyzoo.org/#/boards/BGZ0000007/discussions/DGZ0000wiz

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to zutopian's comment.

I am sorry every time I go to that link it will not let me see if anything new has been posted. It says its has been locked it this a true statement or is it just my old computer acting up? Thanks Liz. 😃

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to elizabeth's comment.

The thread is not locked - at least not by a moderator.

Talk is sensitive, and does not like posters using reserved keywords, or certain forms of formatting. One of the posts must of used these.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to Capella05's comment.

Did you see my post in that thread ? 😄

You can still post in this thread. You need to refresh to see your new post.
    We are not sure what happened, but we are looking into it.

Posted