Galaxy Zoo Talk

A heads-up about the Zooniverse home page and platform

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey Zooniverse folks,

Just a heads-up that, as of today, the Zooniverse home page has shifted over to a new design that supports our new project platform.

You may notice a few differences; for instance, a username change may be required to access projects on the new platform if you have a space or symbol in your username. The new profile pages also may be missing some elements for a while (a week or more, even), but don’t worry: your stats and classification counts have been preserved, and they are migrating and coming back!

Please note that all current Zooniverse projects and Talks will be unaffected and should continue to operate just as they have. This will not affect this project you are currently on!

The new Talk system is also attached to the new home page, and feedback will be very important in how we may move forward with it. There is also now a central Zooniverse Talk where we hope that people from all projects will be able to mingle and discuss common topics—like, for instance, all of these changes and updates!

Finally, there is now post from Chris Lintott on the Zooniverse Blog explaining these changes in more detail.

Any questions or feedback, please chime in on the Zooniverse Talk. See you there!

Onwards and upwards,

DZM

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Hmmm not working for me anyone else?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

What about this link ? http://preview.zooniverse.org/panoptes/#/projects

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

There are still a few links on GZ classify that are redirecting to the old Zooniverse Project / home page. I get a 404 error if I click on the Zooniverse top bar / Projects. There must be other ones out there.

Posted

• jenspj by jenspj

not working for me either I can't even log in

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

We're working on sorting out a few log-in issues. Could you let me know if this still doesn't work tomorrow?

@Capella05 -- good point. I will look into that. Thanks!!

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Works for me in Chrome Version 43 / Windows Vista . I re-entered my log in name as Budgieye, resisting the temptation to change it into something less silly.

I wandered into Orchid Observers. I really like orchids, and I have some growing wild in my lawn. However, there are not enough hours in the day to get involved in another project.

Wow, Large Hadron Collider! in Higgs Hunters

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to Budgieye's comment.

They have a new BARS project how wonderful ............now how to get back there. Oh and the new talk thing....I sorry words fail me at the moment I of give a try again later.

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist in response to elizabeth's comment.

Yep, it's a work in progress! This is still very new and you all are getting a very early look, before we've even sent out a newsletter. 😃

Posted