Galaxy Zoo Talk

Current sources of images

• karthikeyan.d by karthikeyan.d

I see that some of the images are marked DECaLS but for may others there is no label, just an empty blue square is displayed. When I checked the counters, I noticed that only the DECaLS counter gets incremented. The others, Hubble, SDSS, etc, do not change. What is the source of the unmarked images?

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

I can't think why. I just classified 10 galaxies, checking my counter in Zooniverse. It took several minutes to accumulate the new total but it did add both the blue square project (the FERENGI images) and the DECaLS project. Can you list your operating system, search engine or app?

https://www.zooniverse.org/

Posted

I use Firefox 45.0.2 on Oracle Linux 6.5 (RedHat Linux based) at present. I also use Ubuntu 14.04 some times. Search Engine?

I don't see any entry for FERENGI in my Profile page. I see Hubble, SDSS, UKIDSS, DECaLS and Illustris.

I checked and found SDSS listed as the telescope for many images but the SDSS counter in my Profile page does not change. No idea how long it has been like this. I noticed it only recently, that too only because I saw the DECaLS counter changing. It changes immediately after every DECaLS classification.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi,

I think I know what is going on.

You are checking the counters listed under your Profile from the Galaxy Zoo classifying page,correct ?

This page has not been updated since the fist introduction of DECaLS images and since we are currently classifying DECaLS and FERENGI data sets it is only normal that only the DECalS counter is working. The FERENGI entry has not been added. But this does not mean that your FERENGI classifications are not counted !

For a correct total of your classifications you can go to your Zooniverse homepage and then to your recent projects.

Hope this clarifies things !

Happy hunting ! 😄

Posted

Thanks for the clarification. I was indeed checking the counters listed under my profile.

Posted