Galaxy Zoo Talk


  • LaLynn by LaLynn

    What does it mean edge-on ?


  • Ghost_Sheep_SWR by Ghost_Sheep_SWR

    Imagine a disc like a frisbee or a saucer, when you look at it exactly sideways it's called 'edge-on', and when you look at it from the top so you see a circle it is called 'face-on'.

    The same holds for disc galaxies and spiral galaxies.

    Cheers 😃