Galaxy Zoo Talk

Image AGZ0002okw

• liometopum by liometopum

two questions while I am here:

1. I see moderators will comment on Comments. How do we see if a moderator commented on our own Comment?
    2. What is a moderator's take on this one?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi liometopum and welcome to the Zoo

The easiest way to see if anyone has commented on a post is to click the Follow button top right. Than the next time you go on Talk you can click 'following'.

As for this galaxy : I'd go for a fuzzy barred two-armed spiral.

Happy hunting ! 😄

Posted

Thanks Elisabeth.

1. So I guess I should Follow everything I Comment on. If this is what others do, then it might be good to allow us the option, a general condition, to 'Follow all Comments'. Feedback is valuable.
    2. Would you have an issue if we stated in the Comments that type of line: "fuzzy barred two-armed spiral"? or add the words "possibly a ..."?
    3. Even after 1000 galaxies, I constantly refer to http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/how_to_take_part I keep it up as a tab.
      Do you have other tutorials, videos, or guides?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

1. Following everything is not the best idea ! I think there are hundreds of posts every day ;D

2. adding "possibly a" would be so much more true. It is after all our opinion !

3; I'll have to check for other tutorials and or guides. Maybe you can follow this thread ! 😄

Thanks for participating and happy hunting ! 😄

Posted

I see that many other newbees ask the same questions I did, and you, or another moderator, will reply to their comments, but I don't know if they know to click on "follow" to see if there is a reply. I didn't..
    More to the point, I'd be especially interested in seeing if a moderator made a comment on an image I commented on. That is feedback, and to be a bit cheesy, "Feedback is the breakfast of champions". 😃

Posted