Galaxy Zoo Talk

Spiral arms or halo (or ring)?

  • rockcake by rockcake

    I'm curious as to what people think of this: inner ring with spiral arms outside, or halo, or what?


  • ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator


    A barred two-armed spiral, with an inner ring, where the spiral arms fold back to make a ring. Technically this is called a #ringed galaxy.

    Happy hunting !😄