Galaxy Zoo Talk

Subject: AGZ000cu74

Subject AGZ000cu74 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• bluemagi by bluemagi

#ring

Posted

• 958bacsal by 958bacsal

A real lens in the middle of the ring. Unfortunately, there is no way to mark it.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Sorry, I don't see it. Where do you see a gravitational lens in this image ?

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

One of the other zoo studies used the term lens to illustrate thick area around the nucleus.

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

I forget which study. Bars?

Posted

• Ghost_Sheep_SWR by Ghost_Sheep_SWR

Yes, beta project 'Galaxy Bars' uses them https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/jessemd/galaxy-bars/about/research

Posted

• 958bacsal by 958bacsal

I did not think of a gravitational lens. And indeed, 'Galaxy Bars' use that expression in the light area around the center.

Posted

I mentioned the possible confusion in the feedback form for Galaxy Bars ! Because here in GZ 'lens' means gravitational lens.

Posted

To me it is still confusing where the exact point of difference lies between lens, nucleus and bulge o_O

Posted

1/2

Tx ! I'll second that ! And that is with leaving out gravitational lenses !

Posted

2/2

I do hope GZ Bars will have tons more examples of what they really want us to classify !

Posted

lol my feedback was less but only very clear examples, perhaps even illustrations instead of real images 😄 ah well the message is more or less the same anyway 😃

Posted

• 958bacsal by 958bacsal

I thought the lens was a professional thrill. So use the GB. This lens is a dead bar (has finished its operation)

Posted

• kb7wox by kb7wox

PGC 66553

Posted