Galaxy Zoo Talk

White dwarf stars

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

At the moment I am collecting blue stars and I add them to this discussion: White Dwarf Stars, White Dwarf Candidates and Blue Stars - http://talk.galaxyzoo.org/#/boards/BGZ0000004/discussions/DGZ0001a2f

They have been collected before on the Galaxy Zoo forum and I hope I can add a few more to them, maybe there is an unknown white dwarf star among them, or a variable star.

I have NO intention to check each and every zoomed out Galaxy Zoo image. I am having some fun with looking for them and I'd like to keep it that way 😃

If I post too many images a day and other discussions get swamped on our GZ Talk page, please let me know and I will post less each day.

At the moment there are 25 images in my to do collection, images which I have yet to check. (some blue colours are artifacts.). For the time being I'll keep on looking for blue stars.

I do have a few questions - as I'd like to do a little bit more for astronomy. Is the GZ Science Team interested in blue stars?

One of the blue stars I came across is an RR Lyrae variable star. Another RRL is white. Is it possible more blue stars are variable stars like RR Lyrae stars? Is the science team interested in those stars? If not I might have few suggestions.

Posted

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

I combined a lot of posts. Instead of posting one image at a time I am going to post 5 images per post. The page count has already gone back from 10 to 3 😃. I hope that meets with everyone's approval 😃

Posted