Galaxy Zoo Talk

help

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Sorry do not mean to start a new topic..............but what is wrong with the pm system here on talk? I have sent and have had response to most of them. But some of those responses are not there any more? Not like the old forum where I still have all my PM's from the start. Well I have sent and received many pm's on this talk but I am missing the mos recent! My question is can the moderators or the powers that be edit or delite any pm's ? I am very concern on this issue thanks LIZ

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Liz

That is very weird. I still have all my pm's. And moderators or admins cannot read, edit or delete your pm's.

Try refreshing the page ?

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Thanks I have tried that and the problem is still there. I am not getting all my pm's it is very odd. Is any one else having this problem? Thanks Liz

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Liz, are you sure you are not deleting them by mistake?

The 'delete this message' hyperlink for your PM's is in exactly the same position as the 'Respond' hyperlink for discussions.

I have inadvertently delete a few PM's, when by habit I thought, I was responding to the previous post.

Posted

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

Liz has sent me one or two PM's I didn't receive.

Sometimes the GZ TALK page takes a lot of time to load from where I am. That is very irritating as I can't see the replies to my questions, or when I received some PMs. Sometimes the message I received a PM comes in much later.

Could Liz and my GZ-problem be related?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Alpha Aurigae's comment.

No, the white outs (delays on page loads) on Talk are caused by jobs running server side. They will be fixed in the next version of Talk.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to Alpha Aurigae's comment.

well I have no idea. I do know that I have sent a lot of pm lately and they do not show up here our on the other talks. So I was just wondering if it was just me or are others having the same problem?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I have never had a problem with PM's and I must send / receive about 30 a day.

Posted

• Alpha_Aurigae by Alpha_Aurigae

I am not having a problem either.

Posted