Galaxy Zoo Talk

Is 'Search' down?

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I have used multiple browsers / OS's but I am unable to 'Search' - nothing happens when I submit the criteria.

Has something recently changed? I am familiar with the normal search bugs, but this time I get no responses what so ever.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Same here. But I have been having problems all day. Just untill now I couldn't access any of the projects or the resp. talks.using Chrome. For Galaxy Zoo I got the 'we're down for maintenance' message. But everything worked fine in Firefox !

Could be that the search problem is related to this ?

Posted

Possibly!

It was weird,I was unable to access GZ Talk via Chrome the whole morning, but FireFox was fine. Search didn't work on either of them.

Perhaps they are doing maintenance?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Capella05's comment.

I noticed a Search problem yesterday, much as you describe Capella05. I gave up after just a few tries, so I've got only this one data point to offer, sorry.

Posted

Thank you JeanTate,

At least we now know there is a problem across the board, and it is not OS / browser related.

Posted

• liometopum by liometopum

And I could not access the site last night either, from California, using Chrome.

Posted

• gena_slash by gena_slash

And where is the answer of the project team ???
    There is no news of the project and operation of the site Galaxy Zoo !!!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hey, it is the weekend after all ! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey, I'm here.

Are we still having problems? Or was this from Saturday morning? The API went down briefly on Saturday morning and stuff got messed up all across the Zooniverse. It should be fixed now, or at least back to usual (i.e., Search is still a bit crummy). Is it not?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to DZM's comment.

Yes - it is back to 'normal' functionality ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

"Good" to hear. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll be excited as everyone else to have a full-text search in the next Talk!

Posted