Galaxy Zoo Talk

Adding to collections

• Ghost_Sheep_SWR by Ghost_Sheep_SWR

At this moment it seems i cant add anymore subjects to one if my collections. I can select 'Collect' and then select a collection, but then it freezes like that and the list of collections doesn't disappear like usual.

Is there a maximum total subjects for zooites counted over all their collections, or has there benn made a change somewhere?

Thanks,

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I seem to dimly recall that there is indeed a maximum limit of subjects into a collection (in the Ourobouros projects). But as I don't use that feature (at all) I really couldn't tell. Maybe just start a new collection N°2 could be a workaround ?

Posted

Thanks for your response. Yes i think i know of a 500 subject limit on individual collections, but i was wondering if there is also a limit for total over all collections.

It seems to add a subject to a collection now except that it isn't actually added 😕 (collections far below 500 subjects)

And even more strange making a new collection (asteroidtest) DOES work..(?)

EDIT: seems to 'work' now only with a day delay, and really buggy. Will solve itself in time probably...

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

There were some issues with the API over the past couple of days, and it's very possible they caused this issue. Hopefully it resolves soon!

Posted

Thank you very much for the feedback. I started to fear it could be caused by my device or connection, so it's good to know the real cause!

Yes it seems resolved completely already,

Posted